Reviewed

Two days from now, I will be going in for my annual performance review. Having been through three of these since becoming an officer in The Salvation Army, I really don't mind going for it. In fact, I usually enjoy the feedback and recommendations for developing as an officer and as a person.

The hardest part of the entire process for me is completing the self-evaluation. I'm nervous that I may mark myself too high on a category and give the impression that I think too highly of myself. I also don't want to give too low a mark on something and seem self-deprecating. Any time I'm in that situation, it feels like a tightrope to walk and balance. I'd much rather just let someone else tell me what they think of me than tell them what I think of myself.

But then I remember that God has already given me the ability to appropriately evaluate myself. The Apostle Paul wrote in Romans 12:3 (New Living Translation), "Be honest in your evaluation of yourselves, measuring yourselves by the faith God has given us."

For everyone around us, their perception is their reality - even about you. When you're challenged with the task of evaluating yourself, remember that ultimately, God's perception of you is the only one that matters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five For Five

Called to Care

Advice Column