Insomnia Attack - A Poem

Two thoughts, though quite different, are equally true -
Both what was done to me and what I chose to do,
Neither should have happened; they can't be taken back,
Now I cannot sleep - my mind's under attack.

I still hear them saying "we don't want you here,"
Not finding their favor is what I most feared,
Because their approval is what I most lacked,
Now I cannot sleep - my mind's under attack.

Yet still through their voices, You called me to stay,
But I couldn't take it, so I walked away;
Priority values had been way off track,
Now I cannot sleep - my mind's under attack.

My prayer is that, someday, when You've made me strong,
I'll get to go back there and keep pressing on
To fight through their noise while still staying intact,
Then I will find sleep because You've got my back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five For Five

Called to Care

Advice Column