Tell Her She's Beautiful

I exhausted my daughter tonight.


A friend and I took the three daughters we have between us to Daddy Date Night, a father/daughter dance put on by a Christian radio station in the town he lives in. When we weren't eating desserts or drinking punch, my little girl was either pulling me to the dance floor to spin her around or to a couch to snuggle, rest, and talk about life. I loved every minute of it.

Dads of daughters, I highly recommend taking her out, getting to know her, and reminding her that she's beautiful. If we don't, society's standards if beauty will often tell her that she's not. Connect with her so deeply that when she's looking for reassurance of who she is, she will subconsciously hear your voice repeating these three sentences:

You are beautiful.
You are loved.
You are enough.

Don't ever give her room to doubt those important truths. You are the first man God put in her life. It's a very weighty responsibility, but it's also one that is critical to fulfill. Do it well.

I love you, my darling daughter. You are truly beautiful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advice Column

Called to Care

Five For Five